Thursday, January 21, 2010

UNITY INTERNATIONAL IN AMSTERDAM WITH GARETH JOHNSON

I am starting a new series of youtube videos about the amazing places I see, people I meet and things I do when I travel around the world! I want to give you all a sense of who I am and how I get down. The series is called UNITY INTERNATIONAL.

In episode one we find me in the Netherlands, kicking it with my good friend Trevor and two new friends, Grant and Gareth Johnson, two bothers whom Trevor had introduced me to. Grant attended college with Trevor and now resides in Amsterdam. His brother Gareth had just come in from New York, traveling to tour his music.

Gareth is considered a prodigy. As far as reputation goes, you can say he is the Jay-Z of the classical violin world. The man rocks Carnegie Hall on a regular and plays for king's sultans and presidents (Clique the title of this blog post to check his resume out yourself at his website: http://garethjohnson.org). On top of that he is a real down to earth soul brother who knows whats happening. Although he is a master of classical, he now wants to expand in the realm of Hip-Hop. Best believe that a collaboration with the two of us is coming your way in due time...

He busted out a few pieces for us in Grant's living room and left us all floored.
Check Gareth out in the first episode of UNITY INTERNATIONAL posted below.
-U

No comments:

Post a Comment